Disney Princess Tangled Support

THEDisneyFreak posted on Dec 24, 2013 at 12:34AM
Tangled is getting a ridiculous amount of hate on here. I know there are many Tangled fans so we should start a support team.

Lead by THEDisneyFreak
Co lead by Disneygirl7, Princecatcher93 and Prussiaducky

Members so far:

THEDisneyFreak
disneygirl7
princecatcher93
Prussiaducky
CRaZy_rawR
dclairmont
Shiki_Otherside
Silverrose1991
MacytheStrange
Swanpride
Carrieicecream
Tangled is getting a ridiculous amount of hate on here. I know there are many Tangled fans so we shou
last edited on Dec 30, 2013 at 01:31AM

Disney Princess 34 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago princecatcher93 said…
PRINCECATCH93 IS HERE!!!!! The Tangled hate makes me cry sometimes.
PRINCECATCH93 IS HERE!!!!!  The Tangled hate makes me cry sometimes.
over a year ago prussiaducky said…
Toss out da hate
Toss out da hate
I mean sometimes I feel like people here don't give Tangled a second chance, they don't see it as the same Disney at they grew up with because it's newer but they love Frozen because it's like the Disney they grew up with. So does that mean we should love the same style of clothing we grew up with because we grew up with it?
disneygirl7 commented…
I know, right? When Tangled came out it got a lot of crap just for being CGI but when Frozen came out people are already like "whatever!" about it. But that's not all, they love Frozen but for some reason hate Tangled. I mean, they all say when Tangled came out there was a lot of hype too, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't THIS bad! over a year ago
princecatcher93 commented…
^I'm looking through the older polls and it wasn't this bad. IT STILL got it's hate. over a year ago
over a year ago disneygirl7 said…
WE SHALL EXTERMINATE TANGLED HATE ONCE AND FOR ALL LIKE DIS:

WE SHALL EXTERMINATE TANGLED HATE ONCE AND FOR ALL LIKE DIS:
prussiaducky commented…
See you in two weeks! Do you have to go :,( over a year ago
over a year ago CRaZy_rawR said…
How dare they dislike Tangled. Dx It's better than Frozen, imo..
How dare they dislike Tangled. Dx It's better than Frozen, imo..
disneygirl7 commented…
YAAAAAAAY TANGLED LOVE IS MUCH WELCOMED. It was better than Frozen too IMO. over a year ago
over a year ago dclairmont said…
I WANNA JOIN TOO. I know you all must hate me because I abandoned the Tangled fanship, but trust me I still do love her! After recently watching Tangled I really wanna move Rapunzel back up, but I love all the princesses so much :/
prussiaducky commented…
GO AWAY ANNA over a year ago
disneygirl7 commented…
You have abandoned the amazing Tangled fanship. I saw you with ma own eyes, you jumped off the ship and swam to Sleeping Beauty's ship instead! But you are always welcomed back :D over a year ago
YOU SHALL NOT JOIN!!! (Hope you get the quote and welcome friend) over a year ago
oh yeah Linnea yo Flynn xmas icon be done
Merry Christmas to me!!!! over a year ago
prussiaducky commented…
Naaaaaaaaaah happy xmas no merry happy over a year ago
THAT'S IT. I did move Rapunzel to my bottom 4, but I think I'm gonna change my list to: (not counting Anna and Elsa because ugh too much)

11. Belle
10. Ariel
9. Merida
8. Jasmine
7. Tiana
6. Mulan
5. Cinderella
4. Rapunzel
3. Poca
2. Snow
1. Aurora
prussiaducky commented…
... over a year ago
dclairmont commented…
lovely list, huh :D over a year ago
prussiaducky commented…
Why be Belle so low ew over a year ago
over a year ago CRaZy_rawR said…
big smile
You guessed right. I support Tangled. ;D I watched it for like the fiftieth time this afternoon.
prussiaducky commented…
I didn't guess though WAT IS THIS BLASPHEMY over a year ago
prussiaducky commented…
HELL FIRE over a year ago
Another thing I hate is when people hate it for the LAMEST REASONS!!! I like "Rapunzel wanted more to life just like Belle so that makes her a copycat!" Or "Flynn is an all around bad character because he was a robber and a jerk and doesn't change at all." Also one thing that really ticks me off is when people say he didn't love Rapunzel at all.
THEDisneyFreak commented…
Copycat? Jerk? They have it all messed up! over a year ago
over a year ago Silverrose1991 said…
I didn't know Tangled was getting hate. While it's not my favorite movie, it's still better than Frozen (which seems to have taken Tangled's place as 'that-overrated-disney-movie-with-obssesed­-fa­ngi­rls­').
Okay guys, let's place bets. Who agreed that Tangled will go out in the first couple of rounds of my Best Animation Countdown because it's CGI but Brave will make it to the top 4 because of Merida's hair?
MacytheStrange commented…
I really love the Brave animation, it's PIXAR after all! But I hope Tangled gets pretty high, at least higher than Frozen (if you're including it) over a year ago
prussiaducky commented…
I say Frozen has much better animation that Brave and Tangled, but no it will NOT get out early in the rounds, if anything, The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast have to go first :/ over a year ago
disneygirl7 commented…
I think Brave has the best animation of all CGI DP movies. over a year ago
Rapunzel making no hate candles
Rapunzel making no hate candles
Aye guys no hate right aye aye
Aye guys no hate right aye aye
What's everyone's favorite scene from Tangled? Mine are "Mother Knows Best (Reprise)" scene, and when Rapunzel tells Gothel she's the lost princess like omg DRAMA
dclairmont commented…
(oh and Rapunzel may or may not have dropped on my favorites list again ooPS) over a year ago
CRaZy_rawR commented…
My favorite is Kingdom Dance. Much happiness when dat happens. :D And When Will My Life Begin (Reprise) Scence. Also much happiness. over a year ago
Everything? I hate the end because that means it's over. over a year ago
over a year ago Shiki_Otherside said…
heart
I love TANGLED!! I agree Tangled is very underrated on this fanclub!
over a year ago Shiki_Otherside said…
I would love to become a member!
disneygirl7 commented…
Yaaaaaaaaaaay! over a year ago
prussiaducky commented…
AW YEA over a year ago
over a year ago THEDisneyFreak said…
So let's start this baby up. First we shall all receive the task of: When anyone insults Tangled or Punzie for a stupid reason, you fight back and defend her. Yah.
prussiaducky commented…
Aw yea over a year ago
Rule 2) anyone says Rapunzel is too "unrealistic" or is too "perfect", defend her. She is honestly flawed in the respect that she is very insecure and a bit gullible.
Yeah, she and Belle get the most flack for being 'Mary-Sues', but they certainly aren't! over a year ago
She's not that unrealistic, I mean, she's a cartoon. No, she isn't perfect and she's still beautiful. I fully agree with you. over a year ago
Oh yes, Macy, I've seen you comment a bit on here. You are apart of the club. Sorry but asking people takes a while and I'm certainly sure that you want to be in the club anyways.
REALLY?!?! LIKE WHAT I'VE BEEN LIKE INITIATED I'VE GOT A DREAM OMG over a year ago
prussiaducky commented…
Sorry boys but I don't sing over a year ago
I just watched Tangled, and seriously for the first time instead of focusing on the story or the characters, I focused on the animation. And I was so amazed at how detailed it was! In simple, 2-second shots there so, so many details! When Flynn was running from the guards, there were FREAKING ROSES on some bushes and they actually had the energy to put DETAIL on the roses, even though the scene was what, 2 seconds long?!

And not just that, in the Kingdom Dance scene, there was so much detail in the background, the stones on the walls, on the townspeople's clothes.

The animation of Tangled is so often overlooked because no one bothers to take the time to look at the details.

The animation in Frozen might have been better, but Frozen had nowhere near as much detail.
I know, for CGI animation I think Tangled is better animated than Frozen, if only by a tiny margin. over a year ago
prussiaducky commented…
I honestly don't know anymore, when it comes to emotion and expression, Frozen wins, but if it is detail, then Tangled wins, when it comes to overall animation, I think Brave gets it. The three excel at different areas, so I seriously DUNNO. over a year ago
Swanpride commented…
Since it is impossible to pause the movie in the theaters, I can't really comment on the details. I think the animation in Frozen is impressive, because I could practically feel the cold, and there was a lot of difficult stuff I noticed. But naturally, all this builts up on the programm they did for Tangled, so while Frozen is better, Tangled did it first. over a year ago
over a year ago Swanpride said…
I think it is good that I am back....time to remind people what a great movie Tangled is, with great character and above all, a story which works from start to finish.
So the whole Rapunzel is a Mary Sue...what's your guys opinion on that?
disneygirl7 commented…
She's FAR from a Mary Sue! In fact, I think Ariel is more like a Mary Sue than her. over a year ago
prussiaducky commented…
IKR! Rapunzel may be perfect, but the fact that she doesn't see herself as perfect and that she is indecisive and she is super insecure does not make her a Mary-sue! Rapunzel doesn't just do as she is told, she took initiative and left with courage. She isn't perfect in the sense that she is super insecure, she may be very talented, but Rapunzel herself feels as if she is not good enough. She is flawed, definitely, but perfectly flawed and overcomes her insecurities and vulnerability. over a year ago
Swanpride commented…
I think that people who say that have no idea what a Mary Sue actually is over a year ago
Can someone get me this

You can be my second spouse if you get me this
Can someone get me this

You can be my second spouse if you get me this
I could make that...I really could over a year ago
prussiaducky commented…
wAIT WHAT over a year ago
over a year ago Tygers_Eye said…
No offense, but Tangled was the runaway critical and financial success that Disney was hoping The Princess and the Frog would be, and arguably set the tone for Disney Princess CGI (Post?)Renaissance we're going through right now. (Brave, Frozen, etc.) Last time I looked around, men and women, boys and girls of all ages loved this film tremendously. When did people start bashing it?
If you look around on Fanpop people bash it like Crazy over a year ago
Tygers_Eye commented…
Really? Why? O.o over a year ago
Swanpride commented…
@Tygers_Eyes It bothers me because they are disliking it for the wrong reasons. They complain that it is CGI, but overlook how outstanding the animation in it is. They complain about Rapunzel's look, even though she is basically a CGI version of the Renaissance Princesses. They complain about the pop-cultural jokes, even though there aren't actually any in Tangled (there are a few in Frozen, though, and a LOT in Aladdin). They say that Rapunzel should have never trusted Flynn, overlooking that it was her only option, and that it was smarter to pressure him into leading her than going alone. And you are just doing it again. Not liking TPatF did not result in the death of an entire animation style. Disney not being able to undestand that the quality of the story is the core of every movie, and that the failure of PatF had nothing to do with the animation, and everything with the various problems the movie had and the unfortunate marketing. over a year ago
over a year ago Tygers_Eye said…
While this video was uploaded in early 2012, but I think it still hits the bulls eye in examining why Frozen was made the way it was, in direct response to Tangled's success.
Told you guys I would make cookies (jk)
Told you guys I would make cookies (jk)
Jayden-G commented…
Oh my. You seriously made that? over a year ago
disneygirl7 commented…
I WOULD LOVE TO STUFF THOSE IN MY FACE. Actually, I think I should make cookies with Tangled hate on them and then DEVOUR THEM LIKE A BOSS and pretend I hate all the hate. over a year ago
CRaZy_rawR commented…
Omg. They're so cute. ;3 over a year ago
over a year ago Jayden-G said…
I will say this. I do agree that the animation in Tangled is BRILLIANT, and better than Frozen in almost every way (story, characters, animation), and should not be snubbed against Frozen. But just because it is not being PRAISED like it was ALL YEAR on Fanpop, does no mean it is getting a bunch of hate. People moved on to praising Frozen (though I don't understand why). I am sure most of them still love Tangled; it is just not on the first thing on people's mind. If anything, Brave still gets the most hate. And this is coming from a person who does not really care much for Tangled.
disneygirl7 commented…
I can totally see what you're saying, and you could be right too. But when I first joined, Tangled wasn't hated on like it was now, but it could be just because of Frozen. (Which, BTW isn't even on the same level as Tangled. And in a bad way.) over a year ago
disneygirl7 commented…
NOT TRUE. NOT TRUE. Rapunzel was the first one to get out in my favourite Princess countdown. I was really surprised. Even Merida went out after her. over a year ago
Tygers_Eye commented…
No offense disneygirl, but I'm pretty new to this site and have noticed that there are a LOT of favorite princess/movie/hair/whatever countdown lists. Just because she gets voted out of one doesn't mean she gets voted out of them all. I've noticed that similar lists tend to have different outcomes depending on how many fans of certain princesses are logged in at the time or how it's worded. Again, I'm new here, but I notice that on popularity lists Rapunzel/Tangled tends to hover near the top, or at least the high middle, so I'm not sure she's as hated as all that. =( over a year ago
Okay I don't know if we're still holding this forum or not but...this person isn't the brightest bulb in the movie theater. Sings like Ariel? Wow! I mean I didn't know the other princesses didn't sing. Dances like Sleeping Beauty? Wow not only did you get her name wrong...ALL THE PRINCESS DANCE!! Cooks like Tiana? Someone wasn't watch Cinderella or Snow White? Wants Freedom like Jasmine? Don't make me laugh.
last edited over a year ago
Okay I don't know if we're still holding this forum or not but...this person isn't the brightest bulb
dclairmont commented…
I love that picture of Rapunzel! But ughhhhh bleh over a year ago
prussiaducky commented…
^right on over a year ago
Silverrose1991 commented…
While I think Rapunzel is unrealistic for someone who spent eighteen years looked in a tower (and I'm not hating on her) based in her interactions with others, it's totally not true that she doesn't has original talents. I don't know any other princess (Disney) that can candlemake or paint. over a year ago
over a year ago carrieicecream said…
Whoa can I be on this team? I LOVE Tangled!
Of corse you can! over a year ago
carrieicecream commented…
Yay thanks :D over a year ago
People hate Tangled because it's an unrealistic love story. Of course it's unrealistic, it's a fairy tale! Since they just met and it was rushed through. They say she looks unrealistic and she's flawless so they don't like her. She's a cartoon, of course she's unrealistic. The eyes are what bug people, that link about Disney Princesses with normal eyes stated that cartoons are supposed to have big eyes. She has flaws, she hit herself in the head with a frying pan, she gets scared at times and lots more. They're just jealous, that's all. JEALOUS THEY ARE OF BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE.
last edited over a year ago
prussiaducky commented…
I don't even think it is an unrealistic love story and yeah too many jelly people over a year ago
I don't think it's fair to say they are jealous. You don't know them. I don't exactly agree neither with that link or you: first, the eyes the put in their face should be proportional to their heads. But I don't exactly think all cartoons should have big eyes and I think they did Rapunzel's eyes too big, I prefer Tiana's and Ariel's. And I'm not hating in Rapunzel or Tangled. over a year ago
^I never said they were proportional. I said I prefer them. over a year ago
So my last Forum died for Merida support so yeah. Let's try our best to keep this one going.
disneygirl7 commented…
Okay! over a year ago
AAHH it's dying already.
Lanalamprouge commented…
haha. it only been a couple of days and i think its because there hasn't been any recent things to vent on over a year ago
prussiaducky commented…
NOO over a year ago
So what is you're guys opinion about Tangled being weaker then Frozen (I heard this somewhere else not from here). I really disagree.
Me too. I'm going to rewatch Tangled in a near future. over a year ago
disneygirl7 commented…
I absolutely disagree. In fact, Frozen is far weaker than Tangled. over a year ago
Swanpride commented…
Frozen is weaker, because it fails at the most important part of any movie, story and structure. over a year ago